My Lovers

Monday, February 6, 2012

Determined

Today, I woke up feeeling great! A bit sore, but in good spirits. Only the past couple days have been like this. The weeks before that felt like hell. I feel like I'm going through mental bootcamp and so far I am kicking ass.

As you know I have been training for my half marathon, and yesterday I DID IT! The day started out perfect. Woke up at 5 am before my alarm, had a small oatmeal breakfast/pre-workout drink and stretched with my running crew at home (Greg, mom, and Amy!) Headed out to the beach, 4-Runner crammed and walked with the other 20,000 people to the start line.

The sun was out, the sky was clear. I couldn't have picked a more perfect day to run this race. I felt soo lucky. I heard in the past the weather for this event was horrible. Rainy, stormy, gloomy. Did a small warm up run. The energy there was indescribable. Just the energy of everyone pushed me for 80% of my run, the other 20% was mental strength.

The course was beautiful!!!!! Started at Shades Hotel on PCH, ran towards Warner. Took a small "hill" detour at Seapointe and continued towards Warner. Made a U turn back towards the finish line and was surprisingly at 9 miles already. So from 9 miles out, it was a straight shot back to the finish line with the beach to my right the whole way!

0 comments:

Post a Comment