My Lovers

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Blow Away







This weather has been so unpredictable lately. I guess I only notice because of all this running I've been doing to prepare for the half marathon coming up in a week. Terrified that I won't beat my time from three years ago. It feels good to run this much. 5 miles seems like a breeze now. This is my last hard week of training before I get to indulge in carbo loading and easy runs to save my legs. I'm going to attempt ice baths too after my runs. I hear it works wonders :)

Work at BPCM has been so great. I'm going to put my all in to it and hope it pays me something back in return, hopefully a job or a lead on a job. I've never wanted so desperately to make an honest living, to earn my money for my skills that I have acquired from school. It's time to pay back my god damn student loan. Oh God why did I have to graduate during the worst possible time??

Where jobs are limited and hard to come by. Why wasn't I just born a few generations earlier... when life appeared easier. When having a college degree wasn't equivalent to having a high school diploma. I always wondered... is school really all just a huge waste of time and money? Lucky for me my Dad was poor enough to get me through one year of college for free. I guess that's the ONLY thing he contributed in my life.

I'm really coming to notice the absence of a male presence in my life. This years Christmas party was 98% women. I wonder what that means... I just don't want to die old and alone.

I've been stuck in a funk lately. It's not like me, to be down and unmotivated. My comfortable bed has been the culprit in all this. I just want to lay in it all day. If I didn't have work or have to train for a run, I would really just lay in bed...alll..day... I also credit friends and family for giving me a reason to peel myself out of bed, thank you for putting up with my shit. I LOVEEEE you guys.

"Convert difficulties into opportunities, for difficulties are divine surgeries to make you better."

Off to a 13 miles run. Wish me luck.. :) And honk if you see me!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How much do you recommend running a week ? I'm 5'1 and weigh 115 but want to get toned. Thanks!

Justine said...

If you don't run.. start with 1 mile.. add a mile every week. And i'm talking about running OUTSIDE. I like to run at least 5 miles a day 4-5 times a week. sometimes i switch it up if i get bored with some swimming or pilates/yoga. Good luck!

Post a Comment